You are a PhD student (or any other student), it is Friday evening and you are feeling stressed? No need lah:
- Get organised. put in your Google calendar: Friday evening = relax. (I used to put “laundry”-, cannot really not do it, can I?- but any other activity works)
- Switch off! (classic French song from the 90s)
- Take some camomile or relaxing tea. Seriously, not joking, phytotherapy can be very efficient.
- Plan when you get stressed. For example, Saturday 10 to 12 = plan next experiments, writing, answering emails, etc.
- Remember that after all, as a postgrad student, if you are stressed it means also that you are the drive for new things and that people expect from you!
- Make a list of what you did this week, this month, this year. Surely this is a long list: something to feel proud of! Think of what you could do to extend the list.
- Do good to others: thank your friends, colleagues, friends, family, unseen cleaning lady or bus driver. Recall that many in this world, and not so far, others might be less lucky than you!
- Recall what made you feel happy a good 10 years ago? After all, we the same all our lives (another French song).
- Talk to someone: a close ear, or a professional (at least, it is their job to listen to you and make you feel better 😉 !)